Music Videos: Beyonce
One of the most well-known characters in modern-day R&B, Beyoncé first rose to fame as the siren-voiced centerpiece of Destiny's Child before embarking on a multi-platinum solo career in 2001. Booming record sales, Grammy awards, movie roles, and a romance with rapper/CEO Jay-Z combined to heighten her profile in the 2000s, making the singer a virtual mainstay in the entertainment world. While some media outlets derisively championed Paris Hilton as "the next Marilyn Monroe," Beyoncé was a much better contender for the role, her glittering pop culture persona only matched by her success onscreen and on record.

Beyonce's most hotly anticipated new album releases of 2008's , I AM… SASHA FIERCE is her first new studio collection since her Grammy-winning multi-platinum-selling B'Day debuted at 1 on charts around the world shortly after its international release on September 4, 2006 (in celebration of Beyoncé's 25th birthday). Each of the discs on Beyoncé's new double album reveals a distinctly different side of her personality, character and sensibility, a forum for the yin-and-yang of her developing artistry.

One of the discs, titled I AM…, provides Beyoncé with a musical showcase for a group of intimate heartfelt ballads while the SASHA FIERCE disc gives voice to Beyoncé's up-tempo dance-oriented other side.

"SASHA FIERCE is my alter ego," says Beyoncé, "and now she has a last name. I have someone else that takes over when it's time for me to work and when I'm on stage, this alter ego that I've created that kind of protects me and who I really am. That's why half the record, I AM…, is about who I am underneath all the makeup, underneath the lights, and underneath all the exciting star drama. And SASHA FIERCE is the fun, more sensual, more aggressive, more outspoken side and more glamorous side that comes out when I'm working and when I'm on the stage. The double album allows me to take more risks and really step out of myself, or shall I say, step more into myself, and reveal a side of me that people only know me see."










Albums:

Music online: I Am... Sasha Fierce

Music Tutor: B'Day

Online Music: Dangerously in Love






0 Responses to "Beyonce: I Am..Sasha Fierce - Music Videos"

Post a Comment